Local Search News – Monthly – January 2011
We hope the year is going well for everyone so far. We’ve had a busy few weeks taking on new clients who have decided to invest in online marketing . A common trend amongst all the people we have talked so far was that they got very little return on alternative forms of advertising like radio, business directory adverts (hard copy) and local news papers. Small business owners are beginning to realise that it is at least worth testing some form of online marketing.
As mentioned in our last post, we have moved offices. We’re delighted to be moving in with a very talented group of people in Junction Studios.
We have one concern about our move and that is how search engines will react to it. When it comes to local seo, citations are extremely important. By moving to a new physical address we will also have to alter our citations. Luckily we are staying within the Dublin 2 postcode. We’ve also taken a note of all the local directories and review sites that we’d had signed up to so we can alter them pretty easily. We’ll be keeping a close eye on the effects of the move and will aim to write a post on it in the future.
January 2011 Local Search Articles:
- Rodney Hess wrote an interesting review on a foursquare related iphone app.
- Happen to know of any business owners who have had to shut up shop? Well, Miriam Ellis reports on the trials and tribulations of letting Google know about it.
- FourSquare celebrated a 3,400% growth in 2010 and celebrated with this infographic.
- Andrew Schotland conducted some research on mobile marketing and shared it over on Search Engine Land and also on his own blog. Link love going to your personal site Andrew : )
If you come across any more interesting local search articles and would like them included in our monthly round up, drop us a line or connect with us on twitter @localsearchmkg
The Local Search Team
- The Mobile Movement - Understanding Smartphone Users
- Local Search Ranking Factors 2012
- Using PPC to Estimate RoI on Search Engine Optimisation
- Googles Panda Update - One Year Later
- Pay Per Click Advertising drives 6 times more offline sales than online sales - US Study Reveals
- Jill: Northern Irish based deal website offering deals North and South of the border
- Gary: Hey, just to let everyone know, www.jammygit.ie will be going live in the next 2-3 weeks. The aim of...
- Matthew: Also http://www.dealsoftheweek.ie For hotel deals direct.
- Ciaran: Hi guys just to let you know our site is now live!!Check out our deals in the NorthWest
- James: Check out www.biteabargain.ie We are launching soon and will be featuring deals ONLY in the food and beverage...